What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that provide numerous services, highlighting among them, allowing a web page to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of the user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognize the user and
improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
There are three classifications of cookies, each with its own types of cookies. They are classified according to who manages them, according to the period of time they remain stored in the client’s browser and, finally, according to the purpose. Depending on who is the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types can be distinguished:
Own cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the event cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself, but the information
collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
Depending on the period of time that cookies remain stored in the client’s browser, two types can be distinguished:
Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that is only interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased).
Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
The third classification, according to the purpose for which the data obtained is processed, has six types of cookies:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session , access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in
an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: they allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: they allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected in this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of websites, applications or platforms and to create browsing profiles of users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management of advertising spaces.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they store information on the behavior of users, obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Deactivation and elimination of cookies
The user has the option to allow, block or delete the cookies installed on their computer through the configuration of the browser that they have installed. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different in each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also refer to the browser’s Help menu for instructions. The user can choose at any time which cookies he wants to work on the website.
Below are the links where the settings for the most common browsers are explained:
Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitate-y-disable-cookies-sites-web-track-preferences
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=es-41
Cookies used in www.cirumed.es
The cookies that are being used on this website are identified below, as well as their type and function:
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
In any case, you can carry out the following actions:
Accept cookies: the cookie notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during this session. Close: the notice is hidden on this page.
Modify your configuration: you can obtain more information about what cookies are, know the Cookies Policy of www.cirumed.es and modify your browser settings.
Last update made on 1st January 2021.