This blog is a source of information for both patients and professionals seeking information both about Plastic and Aesthetic, as well as Reconstructive Surgery.
It is the blog of Dr. Alexander Aslani who is director and chief surgeon of the department of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive surgery of Hospital Quirón Malaga and Hospital Quirón Marbella
The department is the only one of its kind offering Reconstructive Microsurgery within the private healthcare sector in Andalucía, and apart from its offices in Hospital Quirón, also runs a very prolific private practice in Marbella, Cirumed Clinic.
Dr. Aslani has held various academic consultant positions in university hospitals in the United Kingdom, South Africa and Germany.
Also including a fellowship in Craniofacial surgery at Wentworth Hospital, Durban, South Africa.
Dr. Aslani has been attending professor in the Austrian Academy for microsurgery, where he trained surgeons to become reconstructive microsurgeons,
as well as lecturing professor at PMU Medical School,Salzburg Austria. Dr. Aslani is reference expert witness of the Colegio de medicos Málaga.
Apart from Cosmetic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery Dr. Alexander Aslani also has special interest advanced fat grafting techniques.
The Plastic Surgery department of Quirón Málaga was the first hospital department on Spain to introduce BodyJet Water-Jetstream liposculpture and fat grafting for both aesthetic an reconstructive indications in the whole of Spain. Since 2009, Dr. Aslani have handled hundreds of cases of complex fat grafting successfully and have become a national reference center for this technology. Apart from Spain, Dr. Aslani is a full member if the national associations of Plastic surgeons in Germany and Austria. He also full member of INTERPLAST ,which is an association of Plastic Surgeons who regularly travel to developing countries to operate children free of charge. Here Dr. Aslani leads a surgical team operating mainly cleft-lip-palate surgery as well as congenital malformations on children once a year for three weeks in Mysore or Kalcouta (camps varying every alternate year), South India.
Dr. Aslani descends from a medical family. His father, Dr. Amir Aslani, a breast surgeon and gynecologist from Iranian origin, was one of the pioneers of modern oncologic breast surgery in Germany in the 70s.
- Head of Department Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hospital Quirón Málaga since 2009
- Head of Department Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery, Hospital Quirón Marbella since 2013
- Director of Cirumed Clinic Marbella since 2007
- Consultant Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon, Highgate Hospital, London, UK
- Consultant Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon, Manchester Lifestyle Hospital,UK
- Consultant Plastic and Aesthetic Surgeon, Dolan Park Hospital,UK
- Associate Professor Microsurgical training Center Austria
- Profesor PMU University Salzburg Austria
- Fellow European Board of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery (EBOPRAS)
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery,PMU University, Salzburg, Austria
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand surgery,RWTH Aachen
- Resident Plastic Surgeon with Craniofacial Surgery fellowship, Wentworth Hospital, Durban, South Africa
- Resident Plastic Surgeon, King Edward Hospital, Durban, South Africa
- Resident and Fellow General and Trauma surgery, UKH Salzburg
- Reg.Nr Colegio de Medicos Malaga 29/29/09754
- Full member of SECPRE (Spanish Society of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery)
- Full member of IPRAS (International Association of Plastic,Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgeons)
- Full member of AECEP( (Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons Spain)
- Full member of DGPRAEC (German Society of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgeons)
- Full member of OEGPRAC (Austrian Society of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgeons)
- Full member of INTERPLAST (Society of Plastic surgeons doing charity surgery in developing countries
- Delegate of EBOPRAS (European Academy of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgeons)